Wavebreaker / 2014
Photo documentation: Estonian Academy of Arts Gallery, Tallinn
Perforated steel, copper coated. Dimensions: 1700mm x 1700mm x 1700mm
The tetropod structure for breakwater was originally developed in 1950 by Laboratoire Dauphinois d'Hydraulique (now Sogreah) in Grenoble, France. It acts as a barrier on coastal lines for intrusive waves. The “Wavebreaker” sculpture is made out of conductive metal grate which acts as electromagnetic shield capable of disturbing and blocking cellular radiowaves. The piece deals with the matter of privacy and counter-surveillance.
Ava(tud) Piirid / Open(ed) Borders / Curated by Eda Tuulberg, Merilin Talumaa, Tiiu Parbus 2014
Tase '15 / Master diploma works' exhibition (Estonian Academy of Arts, Tallinn) 2015